Thursday, October 18, 2018

being told one thing but feeling another....

Hi. everyone.  Another one of those nights..  I cant post any of this on face book but I can here. I can vent here.  No one but a few of you know who I am.  I miss quite a few of you from here. I don't blog as often as I should anymore. but anyway.

Starting last night a girl that I work with is leaving on maternity leave tomorrow.  she left the fitting room a mess.  She was called out on it from another associate and the support manager was told to his face that this associate is always doing stuff. Well just say that support manager was not happy with this associate.   I feel like I was in the middle of this fight.  I did not want to be.  But I was standing there and kind of supporting associate in what was being said.

Well we got talked to tonight about how our areas should look and we should go above and beyond the expectations of our support.  Well I am opinionated and I have learned to talk when maybe not so good of a time to talk.  I mentioned after an
 assistant manager asked me to do something that the job was made a bit harder the way things are set up.  I told I could do the job but it makes it a bit harder.

I hate fighting for one thing.  I don't like being yelled at ever.  This assistant didn't yell but he sternly told me that I just needed to do my job.  Well I walked away but when I came back to finish my job I was in tears.  Our support asked where I thought that conversation was going.  I tried saying some thing but what was on my mind didn't make it out of my mouth.. or not the way I wanted it.

In between all this our support went and talked to the assistant for me.  the assistant said he wasn't angry at me.  just a miscommunication.  a big one too.  I am weepy lately. Holidays are coming up to fast and they are hard on me..

So that didn't help one bit tonight either esp feeling like a piece of shit.  But anyway  I was told I was appreciated and the work I did tonight went above and beyond our supports expectations. but I still felt crappy for trying to talk to the assistant.  its been several hours since that conversation and I still feel like I am under appreciated even with reassurances that I am doing well and I work hard.

I sometimes feel like I am the only one that does work.  I do my job and then I do breaks for the jewelry and fitting room.  This last Monday I ran both.  both ladies that work those departments called in and I had both sets of keys.  last night was just running an hour behind in getting things done. that does not help the mood one bit.  I sometimes wish I could go back to working part time and making money on the side.  I miss crocheting and getting things done around the house.  I feel like I don't do enough around here either since I work 40 hours a week.

I am babbling at this point of the post.  I better get to bed. Good night all and have wonderful dreams. I start my day back off at 2 P M -11 PM tomorrow.  Lets hope its a better night tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment